St. Vincent de Paul will be closed on Friday March 29th in observance of Good Friday. Happy Easter!
St. Vincent de Paul will be closed from 12-23-2012 thru 1-2-2013 for Christmas break. We will reopen on Thursday 1-3 at 10 am. During the winter season, we will be open as follows:
Thrift Store: Thursday, Friday and Saturday 10am to 5pm
Food Pantry: (By Appointment Only) Thursday and Friday 12 noon to 4pm
** WE WILL BE CLOSED from 12/23 thru 1/2 **
A big “Thank You” to Father Bill Libscomb of Traverse City for conducting the blessing of the building, volunteers, employees, donors, visitors, shoppers and “the work” of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul in Traverse City this past Wednesday afternoon. 84 attendees enjoyed the ceremony, shared some good food and drink, toured the operation and enjoyed good conversation with friends, old and new.
Thank you all. It was a huge success and the prayers and physical & financial support will help continue the upward trajectory and positive impact St. Vincent de Paul has on the lives of needy families in our community.
Our prayers and thoughts continue to be with Father Tony Cureton and his mother Savannah. Father Cureton was hurriedly called to visit her and was unable to attend today’s celebration.
Goal or purpose of position:
Accurately process customer purchases, end of day reconciliation, preparation of bank deposits and help maintain stock of inventory with the assistance of existing volunteers.
- Answer customer questions and provide information
- Bag, box or arrange for delivery/pick-up of merchandise
- Compute and record transaction totals
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change available
- Establish or identify prices of goods, tabulate bills using calculator or cash register
- Greet customers entering establishments
- Issue receipts and change due to customers
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas
- Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards or vouchers
- Sort, count, and wrap currency and coins
- Compile and maintain basic reports and records
- Prepare daily bank deposit slips
- Stock shelves, and mark prices on shelves and items
- Willingness to assist others
- High School graduate
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
- Skill in handling and counting cash
- Skill in communicating with the general public
- Legible hand writing
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language
- Previous experience as cashier or bank teller
- Computer skills – basic Excel
Time commitment: 24 to 30 hours/week W, Th, Sat (9am to 5 pm) – subject to change Work location: 1207 Woodmere Ave, Traverse City
Compensation: $9-12 / hour
Date of position: Mid December thru April 30 (could become permanent position)
Download the Cashier – Job Position Description – Application and forward to jimcasler @ svdptc. org or deliver to 1207 Woodmere Ave, Traverse City, MI 49685 or come in to pick up and complete application.
Traverse City’s only Catholic book and gift store is NOW OPEN. Located at 1207 Woodmere Ave near downtown. Open Tuesday thru Saturday 10 am to 5pm.
Local source for advent wreaths, advent candles, advent calendars, crucifixes, rosaries, religious jewelry, bibles, religious books, prayer books, Christmas gifts, nativity scenes, wedding candles, christening gifts, announcements, baptism gifts and much, much more.
Thank you Traverse City St. Francis seniors Noah LaLonde, Jake Tenbusch, Evan Primeau, Malcom LaLonde and JP Thornwell. They contributed a total of 19 hours of Christian service to St. Vincent de Paul. Much was accomplished to help the needy in our community. Thanks Boys!
Oct 15, 2012 – TRAVERSE CITY, MI — The Society of St. Vincent de Paul – Traverse City has an immediate need for an experienced, qualified and motivated Executive Director to serve as chief administrator. Salary and benefits are negotiable. Application Deadline is 10/31/2012.
Details at http://www.svdpTC.org/career/ed
We have been able to assist Northwest Michigan families obtain a total of $26,560.96 with the Energy Assistance grant program thru 08/10/2012.
This past week, Board member Chris Gallagher donned his “Bob the Builder” wear and helped finish the task of removing all contents from the old location. Our new store opened on July 5th at 1207 Woodmere Ave, Traverse City, MI — 1 mile South of the Traverse City dsitrict library.
Traverse City St. Francis High School freshman Victor did his share of hard work too.